About Lakes District Maintenance
Lakes District Maintenance is a Highway Road and Bridge Maintenance Company headquartered in Burns Lake, in central British Columbia. During the last 28 years, the organization has held several road maintenance contracts with the Province of BC for maintaining public roads in the Lakes District and nearby areas. Currently Lakes District Maintenance holds three road maintenance contracts in the Lakes, Robson and Stikine service areas. Lakes District Maintenance employs roughly 190 employees and earns in excess of $30 million in gross revenue per year. Lakes District Maintenance was formed in 1988 during the privatization of road and bridge maintenance in British Columbia. Originally created as an employee-owned company, they still retain some of their original owners and remain rooted in the community. The company is committed, highly experienced and dedicated to providing excellent service in their territory.
The Village of Burns Lake is in the North-Central Interior of British Columbia and is located on the Yellowhead Highway 16, 226 km west of Prince George. The village is located at the heart of the Lakes District in the centre of the province, an area boasting 4,828km of lake shoreline. The town serves as a hub for the local logging, sawmilling, mining and tourist industries.
Residents enjoy various amenities which include accommodation, restaurants, and gas stations as well as grocery, retail and hardware stores. The town also offers a hospital, library with internet, laundromat, an elementary school, secondary school, community college campus and several sports facilities such as an arena, curling rink, three pubs and bowling lanes.
Burns Lake is a safe and welcoming community with much to offer in the way of beautiful scenery and choice of summer and winter outdoor activities. Fishing, hiking, mountain biking, rock hounding, boating, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, and guide outfitting are just a few examples, as well as access to world class fly-fishing areas. The community hosts numerous colourful festivals and celebrations year-round. More than a thousand lakes await your hook or paddle nearby. Burns Lake is the ideal community for someone looking for a more relaxing, less stressful alternative to the constant hustle of urban living. Living in Burns Lake? It’s only natural.
Lakes District Maintenance has an exciting opportunity for an experienced road maintenance manager to join our management team in Burns Lake as our Quality Management System Coordinator. This position is part of the Senior Management Team and reports the Chief Executive Officer.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, you will conduct internal audits of the Lakes District Maintenance Quality Management System to ensure compliance with Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure contract and ISO 9001:2000 requirements.
Outline of Position responsibilities:
- Conduct internal audits of the Quality Management System and report results to senior management.
- Ensure processes are established, implemented and maintained.
- Report to senior management on the performance of the Policies and any needs for improvement.
- Act as liaison between external parties and Lakes District Maintenance Inc. regarding the Lakes District Maintenance Quality Management System.
- Oversee employee training programs, ensure that required training schedules are followed to maintain employee certifications.
- Oversee company safety programs, ensure incident and investigation documentation is completed and maintained, coordinate safety training for employees to ensure a safe work environment at Lakes District Maintenance Inc., and liaise with WorkSafeBC.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance of all duties required.
- A working knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 or training and experience in any of the ISO Quality Management Systems.
- Principles and techniques of organizational planning, administration, budgeting, supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Effective and efficient methods and procedures for scheduling and assigning work flow for greatest efficiency.
- Excellent knowledge of Highway Maintenance Operations, including general specifications for Highway Construction and Maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge of WorkSafeBC Act and Regulations.
- Good knowledge of computer systems and office productivity software, with a strong skillset in Microsoft Excel.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and assign work of subordinates.
- Able to prepare reports and maintaining records in accordance with ISO 9001:2000.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Able to work long and irregular hours under pressure conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results through subordinates.
- Proven ability to maintain order in an environment of changing priorities.
- Must possess a valid BC motor vehicle operator’s license.
Lakes District Maintenance offers a generous remuneration package, with fantastic working conditions and benefits, including:
- Generous medical and dental plan
- Short and long term disability along with life insurance
- Group RRSP plan
- Annual vacation leave
- Relocation assistance is provided for the right person!
You will love working for the Lakes District Maintenance team who offers an open door policy with their staff and various social events throughout the year.
Please submit detailed resumes (including qualifications, experience and references) to:
Lakes District Maintenance Inc.
PO Box 939
Burns Lake, BC
Or Fax to (250) 692-3930
Or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakes District Maintenance offers a generous remuneration package.
THIS JOB SPECIFICATION SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO IMPLY THAT THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE THE EXCLUSIVE STANDARDS OF THE POSITION. INCUMBENTS WILL FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS MAY BE REQUIRED.