Location: Stikine – All Areas (Atlin, Bob Quinn, Dease Lake, Jade City, Tatogga, Telegraph Creek)
Lakes District Maintenance Inc. is seeking experienced Highway Maintenance Worker/Operators for full and part time seasonal work.
Under direction of a Foreman, this position is required to safely operate variety of heavy equipment used in highways maintenance work. This job entails all aspects of road maintenance with such duties as, but not limited to: equipment operation/truck driving, physical labor, roadside and highway maintenance functions, sign replacement, guard rail maintenance, flagging, snow plowing and other tasks as assigned. All duties are performed in varying weather conditions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid Class 1 (preferred) or Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement.
- Clean and valid driver’s abstract.
- Good working knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Good knowledge of safety rules and regulations as they pertain to the driving and/or operation of the vehicles, equipment and machinery involved.
- Experience in snowplow operation – minimum 50 hours behind the wheel.
- Experience and aptitude for operation and minor maintenance of light, medium, and heavy equipment.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks.
- Ability to earn and maintain flagging certificate, WHMIS certificate and Level I First Aid as supplied by the employer.
We offer competitive wages and a great working environment!
A health spending account and potential to be part of a pension plan are added benefits.
Accommodations provided in remote work locations.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
or via fax to 250-692-3930
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.